Saturday, March 21, 2009

Extreme pain in stomach.. indigestion?

Extreme pain in stomach.. indigestion?
I've had this pain in my upper abdomen since the weekend when I was drinking, it feels similar to indigestion only more like I'm going to die... I got it again tonight and it was the worst pain I've ever experienced in my life and the NHS nurse told me it was indigestion! I felt embarrassed that this thing brought me to my knees. I couldn't breathe, my legs gave out and my stomach felt like it was going to explode, I felt like I was part of the cast in a new alien movie. Anyway, is there any other condition this could be? or how to prevent it because I sure as hell don't want that feeling again in my life, I'd rather loose an arm.

1 comment:

  1. There are a lot of possiblities out there for what is wrong with you. You're going to need to see a doctor to get a definitive diagnosis though.Things that can give you that level of pain are severe indigestion, hiatal hernia, a pinched nerve and some other esoteric esophagial problems.In the case of a pinched nerve, there's a very simple preventative. Using your right arm, reach over your head and touch your left shoulder. Then, do the same with your left arm and right shoulder. Repeat 10 X per arm.Indigestion of the level you're experiencing should respond to a couple of OTC remedies. My best recommendation would be prilosec. It will take these about 3 days before you get relief.If the above don't take care of your problem, you need to see a gastro-enterologist. They can determine if you have a hiatal hernia or something more off the wall like ecolasia (sp?). If things are severe, there are surgical remedies which will should stop the problems.Hang in there and good luck!

    ReplyDelete