Saturday, March 21, 2009

BACK PAIN FROM BASKETBALL?

BACK PAIN FROM BASKETBALL?
Hey
I play ALOT of basketball and sometimes I have bad back pain. It just feels twisted. Also whenever I'm at school and i've been bent over writing for awhile and I straighten up my back will pop a whole bunch. Sometimes it just feels like it need to snap back into place. I think the basketball might have something to do with it. Softball season is coming up and it hurts alot then too from all the turning when swing and everything. Does anybody have any advice on how to relieve the pain or any exercises to do? Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. i would have it checked. i had a similar experience and upon an xray discovered that my vertabrae instead of being one on top of the other had a small gap in between them. also the bone which forms the ribs were crooked. this meant that the muscles in my back were in a constant stretched state and any unusual movement such as swinging or twisting would cause them to spasm and thus create back pain. there wasn't anything that could be done about it. it was just something i had to learn to live with. i didn't have any of the popping you describe but i would suggest you have it checked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try stretching before and after you play and practice

    ReplyDelete