Saturday, March 21, 2009

Still cheerleading with a torn ACL...?

Still cheerleading with a torn ACL...?
okay so i tore my miniscus and i got surgery after about 8 weeks i attempted to go back to cheerleading and i felt something diffrent, i went back to my doctor and i have torn my ACL now, its jut a partial tear so i decided to just get a brace and keep on cheering, i havent attempted anything yet i have just been doing physical therapy and working out to get into better shape. I dont want any answers telling me i should just get surgery.. i was just wondering if anyone has ever cheered or know anyone who has with a torn ACL?????

2 comments:

  1. I don't know what an ACL is but I do know that you need to inform your doctor that you are still putting it under enormous stress by jumping up and down on it.If it is a partial tear now you may make it worse with cheering. Then you may need surgery again and it may force you to quit cheering forever. This is the only body you have. DON'T abuse it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have and it jacked me up i had to get surgery

    ReplyDelete