Saturday, March 21, 2009

Painful Rib Injury (Bruised, Broken or Cracked?)?

Painful Rib Injury (Bruised, Broken or Cracked?)?
Today I fell off a swing, along with 2 people landing on top of me. For the first few minutes I was struggling to breathe and it felt like I'd been shot. Now, if I'm still in certain positions, I hardly feel anything - but I have limited movement on the right side and upper side of my body because of the pain. Breathing is more or less painful depending on the position. I guess, to a certain extent, it's bearable when I'm still. I could probably deal with it if I'm able to sleep, which I can't because of the position. I'm not sure whether to get checked out or not or just wait it out? Doctor (have to wait 3 days min) or A&E ? Don't wanna go incase its nothing serious, but then again, I have a tendency to underrate pain (as with appendicits lol).

Thanks for any replies. <3 Hope I didn't blabber on too much.

2 comments:

  1. hospital..is the best place..but for now wrap a large badges around (not to tight)...to be honset if u had broken ribs then ur not be on a comp so there most likey heavily briused...ribs r quite flexible cos they move when u breath,, but get em check a.s.a.p...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go to A&E. Its friday night so be ready for a long wait but at least youll know either way

    ReplyDelete