Saturday, March 21, 2009

In EXTREME throat discomfort; PLEASE help; for a free 10 points!?

In EXTREME throat discomfort; PLEASE help; for a free 10 points!?
I will give ANYONE who can help me best answer. Anyways, I ate some sausages this morning, and now my throat feels almost bloated, and when I poke the underside of it I almost throw up. It is difficult to swallow. I know it's not lodged in my throat, because I was fine for about 20 minutes. I have mild heartburn too. The sausage was not spicy at all, and it was covered in brown sugar. Other than "Don't eat that kind of sausage", could someone tell me what I can do to relieve this? I have taken Mylanta.

4 comments:

  1. To me it sounds like you are refluxing. Meaning acid reflux, GERD or extreme heartburn. Keep in mind I'm not making a medical decision for you or suggesting you do anything but contact your health care provider, but I think if we can rule out an allergic reaction (and if you're still alive to read this then it's probably not an allergic reaction) then I would try some Tums (max 4 in a 4 hour period) or starting some Prilosec OTC.Again, my SUGGESTION is to seek medical care. I'm good, but I can't examine you over the web :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe cold ice pack. I saw a product on QVC, some sort of ice pack you put in freezer. The hostess had stated that she places cold ice packs on her neck to relief sore throat.Other than that, if you are in extreme pain, go to the ER, fast! Source(s): www.qvc.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eat honey with some black pepper in it.OrGo to a doctor..It could be "swealing of the mouth area" which can be a severe side effect of Mylanta. Source(s): E.R D.R

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like an alergic reaction. If it gets any worse I'd go to the emergency room.

    ReplyDelete