Saturday, March 21, 2009

What is the cause of long term post operative pain and swelling on the ankle?

What is the cause of long term post operative pain and swelling on the ankle?
Hello, i fell and had a fracture about 3 years ago. I had surgery and two pins were inserted in the joint. Over time the ankle remained painful and swollen even though the bone healed completely, also my foot all the way up to my middle calf turned a separate shade of dark (i am african). about 3 months ago the pins were removed and i had some physio there was some relief but it was short term. Because of too much walking around and etc the swelling never goes down and its really painful. I have started compensating my walking with the foot pointing outwards, i have had several tests and physios done. I anormalried that my leg will not get back to normal. Please advise me on the cause and solution for this prob.
Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment