Saturday, March 21, 2009

Did I hurt my achilles tendon?

Did I hurt my achilles tendon?
Yeah I am a bad runner. I never stretch before running and I usually run on mountain trails everyday for 30 minutes. However, about a week ago I had some extra time so I ran for an hour and a half (mountain trails)two days in a row.well now, close to 6 days later, my achilles tendon is sore when I push off on my toes. I've read a little bit and I think I have early tendinitis? So should I see a doctor or what?

1 comment:

  1. if you hurt your achilles tendon you wouldnt be able to walk normally becuase you extend your achilles tendon each time you walk. and you calf muscles might be sore. tendinitis only occurs over long periods of use. like tennis players get tendonitis in their forearms a lot. but since you dont exercise or run a lot you are probably just still sore.. you muscles might even still be sore. I would say give it 2 weeks and if it hasn't gotten any better go see a doctor.

    ReplyDelete