Saturday, March 21, 2009

Hi i work nights 4 nights on 4 off and have been doing this for about 1 and a half years.?

Hi i work nights 4 nights on 4 off and have been doing this for about 1 and a half years.?
When i started i found it hard to adjust to and got head aches etc.. I then about 6 months in managed to sort of adjust but recently on my days off i've been really struggling to get up in the mornings with my eyes feeling really heavy. Anybody got any ideas of what could be causing this or how to improve the symptoms? Many thanks

1 comment:

  1. I worked night shift for one and a half years. The sleep I got during the day was never properly restful sleep, always noises outside, up to the loo etc etc. So when I did have days off and was sleeping at night it was like I was playing "catch up", so it could be the same for you. Also, you never really get into as deep a sleep as you get when sleeping at night.Also, a word of caution. Studies have proved that long term night shift is detrimental to your health. It can mess up your metabolism, sleep patterns, and leave you feeling constantly exhausted. I gave it up after being diagnosed with an underactive thyroid and im still struggling to sort out my sleeping pattern.

    ReplyDelete