Saturday, March 21, 2009

I got cut on my leg it got red I cleaned it then red went away now my muscle is stiff should I be worried?

I got cut on my leg it got red I cleaned it then red went away now my muscle is stiff should I be worried?
when I got cut it was 3 days later that it was red and puffy I cleaned it with salt warm water and then peroxide then repeated the salt and warm water. after that I put neosporin on it and kept it bandaged up for 3 days. the red is now completely gone but I have some muscle stiffness in my calf muscle (the cut was on the outside of my right leg). Should I be worried or is it normal to have some stiffness after getting rid of an infection like that? and also what should I do now keep the cut covered or let it dry out and breathe?

2 comments:

  1. Are you sure the stiffness is related to the cut? Have you been doing a lot of walking, jogging, or other exercise lately? Or conversely, do you usually exercise regularly but stopped because of your injury? Either of those scenarious could lead to tightness in your calf muscles.If that isn't the case, and you're sure the stiffness is because of the cut, then it may be something to be concerned about. It's hard to say for sure without knowing how bad the cut was, how deep the cut was, how bad the infection was, etc. I would phone up your doctor and explain to them and see if they think you need to get checked out. Better safe than sorry.To treat the cut in the meantime, you should keep it bandaged and continue to use neosporin. Cuts kept covered heal faster than those uncovered. Your cut should be kept moist to promote optimal healing. You can uncover it at night if you wish, or if it's getting too wet, but you shouldn't dry it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep it covered so it doesnt get dirty. (infected or whatever) the cut was probably so deep it went to your muscle. So dont be worried, give it a few more days.hope it heals soon :)

    ReplyDelete