Saturday, March 21, 2009

Could my "Gas Leak" have harmed me?

Could my "Gas Leak" have harmed me?
Last night I was at home alone. My son came home and said that the house smelled horribly like gas and immediately started looking around. Apparently I had accidentally bumped a knob on the stove and hadn't even noticed it. Actually, I had remembered noticing the smell around the time that I had made toast 2 1/2 hours earlier and thought something was wrong with the toaster, then just forgot about it. I then realized that it was soon after that when my throat had started hurting. It still hurts now. Do you think having been sitting about 10 feet away from my stove which was leaking gas for 2 1/2 hours could have caused me harm? I can't seem to find anything on the net about this.

2 comments:

  1. I'd go to the doctor about the throat .....or the ER.... ASAP!Tell doctor what happened. Carbon monoxide poisoning could have killed you--if the concentration was high enough

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes it sould have hurt you. As a fire department member gas leaks are something that I deal with almost on an everyday occurance. Breathing that type of gas for any amount of time can cause harm. You should go see your doctor or go to the ER to be checked out. Source(s): I'm an EMT

    ReplyDelete