Saturday, March 21, 2009

My throat been hurting quite often on and off. What could it be?

My throat been hurting quite often on and off. What could it be?
I have no insurance and for some reason during the past couple of months I've been getting a sore throat very often. Sometimes it's severe (fever) other times it is just sore on the right or the left and hurts when I swallow and goes away in a few days. I had my tonsils removed so it's not that, and I also noticed that the back of my throat/tongue has white stuff. Help please.

3 comments:

  1. It's unusual to have a sore throat that keeps coming back, and the "white stuff" and fever mean it could be strep throat, which can have serious complications.So you should get to a clinic soon to have it checked out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it could be several things. Sinus drainage can cause the throat to be sore and that may be the "white stuff" you're referring to or it could be strep throat. I would go to the ER, make an appt with a doctor or go to your local health department for a throat culture since strep is a very contagious bacterial infection and it can damage your heart valves and possibly lead to scarlet fever if left untreated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you need to go to the hospital than. the white stuff means that you most likely have strep throat. it keeps coming back because it is left untreated. as far as i know you can get strep without tonsils.

    ReplyDelete