Saturday, March 21, 2009

Strange heel pain on right foot.?

Strange heel pain on right foot.?
My right Heel sometimes gets a strange pain (think bumping your elbow with needles) if I walk/run too much or if I accidentally hit it. It feels like I just have the heel bone covered in skin, no flesh, fat or cartilage to protect it while my left heel is normal. The only cause I can think of would be a few years ago I hurt my right foot lifting some boxes, and occasionally get some muscle pain. I just want to know how to fix this, please help! Thanks.

4 comments:

  1. Hi! It could be two things, either plantar fasciitis, a heel spur, or pinched nerve. I've only had experience with plantar fasciitis, and my doctor suggested I get either really good shoes that have excellent (and I mean EXCELLENT) arch support, or get custom fitted insoles which are extremely expensive but a good investment. A great company that has excellent arch support is Paul Green, Mephisto, and Birkenstock (in my experience)Plantar fasciitis is when the tissue between your heel and front ball of your foot swells or is strained which can cause a lot of pain. If you can't afford the custom made insoles I'd suggest Birkenstock insoles. Also when you buy shoes, take your hand and feel the inside, and feel for an arch in the shoe. It should dip down a bit in the front and back, and have a "hill" for the arch. There are many extremely expensive shoes that are NOT functional at all in terms of actually being wearable.As for spurs, I think that can develop after years of strain on your feet due to unchecked conditions such as plantar , or so I've been warned, for that try to google it or go to a podiatrist who can help you the most and can probably check for a pinched nerve. Source(s): Experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mayo Clinic. com for Plantar's fasciitis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visit a podiatrist, it could get worse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gel inserts, good supportive shoes, and stretching. Look into plantar faccitis pain (spelling?).... sounds like you might have that.

    ReplyDelete